Whats The Scope Of Digital Marketing
A Student Looking To Kick Start A Career:
- Wide scope caters to all industries.
- Shortage of qualified digital marketers.
- More companies are opting for in house team of Digital marketers.
- First mover advantage being an upcoming trend.
- Internet penetration in Tier II and Tier III cities makes it more lucrative.
- As per IAMAI-IMRB report urban India has close to 60% internet penetration.
- In Rural India 48% are daily internet users and close to 83% are estimated to use Internet once a month
How Does The Future Of Digital Marketing Look Like as a Career
Digital Marketing as a career is one of the hottest career choice that one can make to get on with marketing.
- Spends in digital marketing are going to surpass the conventional media spends by 2020.
- Advertising spends done on digital are much more effective, measurable and controlled.
- No minimum limit for budgets.
- Controlled reach to target audience, basis profiling, No wastage
- Geo Specific
- Intent based
How Harshwardhan Landed into Sokrati
What Are The prerequisite skills needed for digital marketing
- Good command over written english, since content writing is integral as well as a critical part of digital marketing.
- Basic mathematical ability, spends and budgets are involved in advertising and hence calculations are required.
- Internet Savvy, it’s absolutely essential to keep exploring the latest news and trends of the digital industry.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office tools, as analysis is required post campaign completion and making presentations of analysis is required.
- Passion and Zeal towards learning marketing, being freshers this quality will help you excel in the competitive world.
- Hunger to learn and explore latest developments and trends in marketing.
How Abhijit Landed into ReachLocal
How to get started
Depends what makes you comfortable there are two ways you can approach towards learning digital marketing
- Self Learning:- There is a plethora of material availble on internet which gives you free access to white papers, blogs
and study material,YouTube videos are a good source of audio visual learning, now a days free webinars are organised.
- Guided Learning- There are lots of institutes that give certification courses both through classroom training and online courses as well.
The onus of selecting the right institute lies with the individual, choosing right institute is critical as there are many
institutes who claim to offer the course but mostly teach content that is not up-to-date and the trainers are not up to the mark, so be careful and choose the right institute.